Please choose your state so we can better serve you.
Home » News Digest » NCTC News
The North Central Connection
NCTC’s National Partnerships Mean Money For College and Trip Opportunities for Local Students
Because of a unique national partnership we have with other broadband providers across the country as part of NTCA, the Rural Broadband Association, students in our service are qualify to apply for:
• The Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship that awards the recipient $2,500 for his/her continuing education. Application deadline: Feb. 21, 2012. Get application.
• FRS Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. — This is a great opportunity to travel, see our nation’s capital and meet other students from rural areas across the country. Any high school student from our service area can apply. Click here for the application, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This Month on Video on Demand
Freebirds (PG-13) - Available 2/4/14
Ender’s Game (PG-13) – Available2/11/14
Gravity (PG-13) – Available 2/25/14
Thor (PG-13) – Available 2/25/14
Throughout the month on VOD: Celebrate Love and Romance with a Great List of Movies like:
Best Man Holiday | Austenland | An Officer and a Gentleman | The Proposal | Titanic | Along Came Polly | Meet the Parents | How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days | Sleepless in Seattle | Pretty Woman | Valentine’s Day | 500 Days of Summer | Dirty Dancing | Ghost | Definitely, Maybe | Notting Hill | Love Actually
Let’s Explore Our Community On NCTV Channel 6 and 15
This week: An NCTC employee spotlight from Westmoreland and a great place to get a burger, Dovie’s Burgers.
Watch every day at 6:30 am and 12:30 pm; Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5 pm and at 9 pm on Monday and Wednesday.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day With Us:
• Free, in-trend Facebook Stickers
• How to make a Candy Wreath, a great Valentine’s gift idea.
• Did you know? St. Valentine was sentenced to death for performing marriages in secret after the emperor banned marriages for young Roman men because he thought unmarried men made better soldiers. Find out more.
Finland also celebrates “Friends Day” on February 14th. In Finland, it is not just a day of romance, but also a day when close friends send cards and gifts to each other. Find out more.
The popular heart-shaped candies with the sweet sayings printed on them have been made by NECCO since 1902. Find out more.
Important Dialing Info When Calling Kentucky
Effectively immediately, ALL calls, local and long-distance will require the area code and phone number when dialing into Kentucky. This is a statewide change to add more phone numbers for Kentucky residents’ and businesses’ wireless and landline use. The price of a call, the coverage area or other rates and services will not change because of this new area code overlay. What is a local call now will remain a local call regardless of the number of digits dialed. 911 will stay the same — just 3-digits (as well as other 3-digit calls like 211, 311, 411, 511, 611, 711 and 811).
Checklist for Change:
• Change all automatic dialing equipment and speed dial, including: security systems, Internet dial-up numbers, mobile phone contact lists, call forwarding settings, voice mail services, etc.
• Check your website, business stationary, advertising materials, personal checks, contact information on your e-mail signature, etc. – even your personal or pet ID tags – to make sure the area code is included.
Calling Teen Video NCTC Stars and Difference Makers!
This video that even attracted Lady Gaga is a perfect example of how teens can make a difference in our world, creating and inspiring videos and web messages. Submit a video for thousands to see. Share inspiration and build your portfolio as a future star!
• Create a video or a slide show of photos on this month’s topic: 4-Legged Friends
• Send it to us at email@example.com
• Ask your parents to fill out and submit this form, indicating their permission for you to be part of our Next Gen Online Reporter’s Series.
Your “technology work of art” may be featured on our website, Facebook page, local channel and other NCTC promotional materials.
Our Community Legacy
Because the community we enjoy today is a direct result of our history, we take a few moments to stop and reflect on the historical legacy of our community.
Our first look: Lafayette Square.
Photo credit: Randy East, Macon County Historian
North Central Cloud Solutions Offers IT Services To Local Business
Instead of purchasing and maintaining your own computer hardware, application software, operating system licensing, etc. to run your best, you can now leave all the complexity and support requirements to North Central. North Central Cloud Solutions provides on demand, scalable IT resources, where you only pay for what you need. Through the Internet, or “the cloud,” you access computing and network services and maintain complete control just as if they were sitting in your office without the hassle of maintenance, upgrades disaster recovery, back up and support.
For example, if you are in need of a Microsoft Windows 2012 server, using our Launch to Cloud technology, within minutes a virtual server with a pre-installed OS is available for your use. Our flexible architecture also allows you to install your own OS on our virtual servers and configure them from scratch, if you prefer.
Examples of What We Offer:
• Microsoft Windows 2008 Server
• Microsoft Windows 2012 Server
• CentOS Linux
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Redmine Project Management
• WordPress CMS
• Alfresco DMS
• Joomla CMS
For more information on how the Cloud can work for you, visit www.nortcentralcloud.com.
Attention North Central Security Services Customers:
We’re giving away $2,000 in cash prizes!
How To Enter:
• Talk to your friends and family about NCSS.
• E-mail their contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-666-3800.
• We will contact your referrals.
• For each referral that generates a signed agreement, your name will be placed into our drawing.
Next drawing: March 31, 2014
There is no limit to how many referrals you can submit. Offer open only to active customers of NCSS.
A History of Service Honored
Charlie Bowman and Brian Langford were recently recognized for reaching a special milestone in their years of service to NCTC’s customers. Thank you, Charlie, for 15 years of service. And Brian, thank you for a great 10 years.
Join the Movement: #ruraliscool
Watch this video and get inspired. If you have a great idea to show that #ruraiscool, let us know. We would like to partner with our customers to share photos, videos, blogs and more about North Central Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. Email us at email@example.com or post your ideas on Facebook.
Past News Editions:
January 2014 | December 2013 | November 2013 | October 2013 | September 2013 | August 2013 | July 2013 | June 2013 | May 2013 | April 2013 | March 2013 | February 2013 | January 2013 | December 2012 | November 2012 | October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012 | March 2012 | February 2012 | January 2012 | December 2011 | November 2011 | October 2011 | September 2011 | August 2011 | July 2011