Please choose your state so we can better serve you.
Home » News Digest » NCTC News
How To Win an iPad Mini
• Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
• Find the photo of Amy Phelps with a jar of jelly beans and guess how many jelly beans are in the jar
• If we have 3500 Facebook likes and 150 Twitter Followers or more on April 21, 2014, we will hold the drawing. Every North Central Telephone Facebook Fan or Twitter Follower who guesses the correct number of jelly beans in the jar will be entered into the drawing.
• Watch Facebook and Twitter for the winning announcement.
* Must be an NCTC customer to win.
This Week on NCTV Channels 6 and 15
Smith County Courthouse
Bull & Thistle Pub
Watch every day at 6:30 am and 12:30 pm; Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5 pm and at 9 pm on Monday and Wednesday.
A History and a Heritage
NCTV has a new series, highlighting our local courthouses. Watch previous segments here and go to Channels 6 and 15 for this month’s episode: Smith County Courthouse. Previous segments:
Macon County Courthouse
Trousdale County Courthouse
Whether It’s Internet, TV or Phone, We Have an Investment in Technical Experts Like Jeff Powell in Scottsville
This month, we went to Scottsville to talk to Installer/Repairman Jeff Powell. A few points of interest:
• Jeff and his fellow Installer/Repairman assist with Internet Speed Upgrades as well as TV and phone needs.
• He is most proud of NCTC’s competitive TV service, where a quick response time really adds value over our competitors.
• Jeff and his wife of 23 years have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren.
Attention Prom Attendees!
Tell us what would make your #promperfect and be entered to win $100.
• Post a photo of a dream dress or tuxedo, a fancy limousine, a great dinner spot, etc. on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
• Mention @northcentraltel in a Tweet, Instagram photo or a Facebook post using #promperfect to be entered into the drawing.
• Tell us in your post which prom you are going to (ACSHS, MCHS, RBSHS, WHS, etc.)
Also on the local school channel: If you mention @northcentraltel in your post, it may be aired on NCTC’s local school channels!
Post photos before April 30, 2014. See rules for further details.
New on Video on Demand This Week:
Let’s Play Ball: A Great Collection of Sports Movies
April 24- May 19
The Final Season
The Sandlot 2
Air Bud 4: Seventh Inning Fetch
Air Bud 3: World Pup
The Big Green
Bad News Bears (2005)
D2: The Mighty Ducks
D3: The Mighty Ducks
The Rookie (2002)
Like Mike 2: Streetball
Coming Soon: Watch TV Everywhere: Tablets, Laptops and Smartphones
NCTV customers will soon be able to watch some of your favorite TV shows on select NCTV channels on the go on any device. All you need is a device and an Internet signal. And it’s FREE for all NCTV customers. If you have a subscription to the channel you want to watch and the channel is available on Watch TV Everywhere, then you can watch it anywhere FREE.
Here’s some of the great channels you can view — and more are coming soon!
A&E | BRAVO | Cartoon Network | CNN | CNBC | E! | Esquire Network | Fox Business | Fox News | Golf Channel | History | Hallmark Channel | HLN | Lifetime | LMN | MSNBC | NBC Sports | Oxygen | Syfy | TBS | TCM | TNT | USA
How To Take Advantage of Watch TV Everywhere:
1. Go to watchtveverywhere.com to register.
2. Use your NCTC account number (from your monthly bill) and a valid e-mail address to set up your password.
3. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. click on the link in that e-mail to complete your registration.
1. Go to watchtveverywhere.com to login.
2. Enter your e-mail address and password.
3. Click on the logo of the service you want to watch and select programming from the on-screen menu.
If you’re on a mobile device, you’ll find links to free Android and iOS apps you can download to watch on mobile devices. The first time you use a new app on your device, you will be prompted to select North Central Telephone from a list of providers and enter your Watch TV Everywhere password.
Internet and TV “On the Go” With NCTC’s WiFi
Whether you want to Watch TV Everywhere or check your Facebook Page, you can connected wirelessly at many “outside fun” locations in Lafayette, Red Boiling Springs and Westmoreland via an NCTC WiFi hotspot — a free service for all NCTC Internet customers. Click here for a full list of WiFi Hotspots and more info on purchasing a block of WiFi time, for non-NCTC Internet customers.
We Have a Winner!
The winner of our first Customer Referral Drawing is: Betty Pedigo. Betty won $500 just for telling her friends and family about NCSS.
If you are a North Central Security Services customers, you can win too. Just e-mail your referral contact info to email@example.com or call 615-666-3800. We will contact your referrals. For each referral that generates a signed agreement, your name will be placed into our drawing.
Next $500 drawing: June 30, 2014.
Is Your Data Covered In the Event of a Disaster?
Disaster recovery and back up are a very important part of any IT strategy. North Central Cloud Solutions offers several options to protect your data with easy to use and affordable business continuity tools like these:
Snapshots — provides scheduled imaging of your cloud servers with configurable retention policies to ensure fast and reliable access to secure copies of your data. This technology can be used to create new server templates or as mountable disk volumes that are accessible to any of your virtual cloud servers.
SecondSite Backup — provides encrypted, secure file/brick level as well as image-based back up and restore capabilities, supporting Microsoft Windows desktop OS, Microsoft Windows Server OS, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Linux.
Click or call us to find out more.
In the March/April 2014 Edition of the North Central Connection
• What to consider when planting a tree
• More on North Central cloud Solutions
• Doyle’s Iris Patch in Red Boiling Springs
Past News Editions:
March 2014 | February 2014 | January 2014 | December 2013 | November 2013 | October 2013 | September 2013 | August 2013 | July 2013 | June 2013 | May 2013 | April 2013 | March 2013 | February 2013 | January 2013