There’s just something about flipping over the calendar to a brand-new year. It’s an act that inspires and encourages me with all the potential that lies ahead of us in the next 12 months.
As they consider the new year, many people look on the bright side and view 2018 as the year to reach their goals: finish that degree, lose that weight, earn that promotion, chase that dream, improve that relationship or finish that project.
I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals this year. Wherever those goals may intersect with technology, we are prepared to help make good things happen for you, your family and your career.
This year at NCTC, we have our sights set on some major goals. As with everything we do, we believe that achieving these goals will ultimately help us serve you better by operating more efficiently, growing our customer base and supporting our local economy. Here is what we have planned for 2018:
- Continue to build infrastructure throughout our service area in Tennessee and Kentucky, with the goal of all members having access to broadband
- Provide outstanding customer support
- Continue to offer high-quality products and services
- Focus on efficiency and other ways to control costs
- Offer services in the portion of Trousdale County covered by the USDA grant
- Open a Community Center in Trousdale County as part of the USDA grant
- Implement the USDA Broadband Grant in Riddleton, Dixon Springs, and Pleasant Shade
- Serve customers in Warren County and expand based on customer demand
- Support the community, schools and economic development
- Continue representing you with state and federal legislators and regulators
- Promote a safe work environment for both employees and customers
As you can see, we may have just opened up a new calendar on Jan. 1, but there’s already a busy schedule ahead. I look forward to sharing updates with you on these projects in the pages of this magazine throughout the year. While we have plans in place to execute our goals, we constantly look for opportunities to better fulfill our mission and to give you a better experience with our services. I think those unknown opportunities that lie ahead of us are part of what makes this time of year so special.
I hope you and your family enjoy all of the promise that 2018 brings, and I’m thankful to have the opportunity once again to keep you connected. Thank you for your business!
NANCY J. WHITE
Chief Executive Officer