Calling Features Detailed Instructions
NCTC believes our calling features are the best tools in the house.
We’re working hard to make it easy for you!
If you have additional questions or want to add any of these calling features. . .
Call Waiting - Easy to Use!
Alerts you to an incoming call while you’re on the phone.
- Press the switchhook once or ‘flash’ button on your phone to put your call on hold and take the 2nd
- Repeat to go back to the 1st call.
Cancel Call Waiting – No Incoming Calls!
Place a call & don’t worry about being interrupted with an incoming call.
- Before placing a call, press *70 and listen for a special tone.
- Place your call.
- As soon as you hang up, your Call Waiting will be reactivated.
Call Forwarding – Take Your Calls with You!
Forwards your calls to another number.
- Lift the receiver and press 72# and wait for a special tone.
- Enter the number you want your calls to forward to. When that call is answered, Call Forwarding is activated.
- If no answer or if busy, hang up and repeat the above steps. If you do this within 2 minutes, you’ll hear two short tones notifying you when Call Forwarding is activated.
- When Call Forwarding is activated, the phone will make one short ring each time a call is forwarded.
- If you forward a call to a long-distance number, you (not the caller) will be billed the long-distance charges.
- To discontinue Call Forwarding, press 73# and wait for a confirmation tone.
Three-Way Calling – Great for Families!
Adds a third person to your phone conversation.
- Press the switchhook or flash button to place the first caller on hold.
- When you hear a special tone, enter phone number for the third person.
- When the third person answers, you may speak privately first then press the switchhook or flash button again and all three will be on the line. If there’s no answer from the third person’s number, press the switchhook or flash button to get back to the first caller.
- To disconnect the third caller, press the switchhook or flash button. To disconnect the first caller, hang up.
Speed Calling – Fast Action Dialing!
Stores up to 30 numbers for simple 2-digit dialing.
- Lift the receiver and press 75# and listen for a special tone.
- Enter a 2-digit code (20-49) to assign a telephone number.
- Enter the phone number you want to be Speed Dialed. (For long-distance numbers, press “1” plus the area code.)
- When you hear two short tones, that 2-digit Speed Dialed number is activated.
To Use Speed Calling:
- Pick up the phone and enter the 2-digit assigned number.
- Press the # sign.
To Change Your List:
- Lift the receiver and press 75# and wait for the especial tone.
- Enter the 2-digit number you wish to change.
- You will hear a cancellation tone.
- Repeat the “To Program” steps to make your changes.
Anonymous Call Rejection – Keep your Privacy!
Rejects anonymous or private number calls.
- *88 activates the feature.
- *87 disconnects the feature.
Warm Line – A Security Measure!
Automatically dials a predetermined number.
- Call NCTC to establish a predetermined number to be dialed or to change an existing number.
- When the receiver is off the hook for a few seconds the number will be dialed automatically.
Automatic Call Back – A Time Saver!
Automatically redials a busy number.
- When you get a busy signal, hang up and lift the receiver again and press *66 and hang up.
- When the line is free, your phone will ring a short-short-long tone. When you pick up, the earlier number will be dialed.
- To cancel, lift the receiver and press *86.
- To redial the last number you dialed, lift the receiver and press *66.
Automatic Recall – One Easy Step!
Redials the last number to call you.
- Lift the receiver and press *69 to hear a recorded announcement telling you the last number to call your line. Press “1” to call that number or press *89 to temporarily turn this feature off.
Call Trace – Protect Yourself!
Traces calls for law enforcement.
- Call NCTC to get details on putting a trace on your line.
- Once that is established and you get a nuisance call, press *57 and listen for a tone confirming the call has been traced. The number you traced will be held at NCTC. We will release it to law enforcement upon your request.
Teen Line – Managing a Busy Household!
Assigns two numbers with different rings to the same line.
- NCTC will give you a second phone number with a two-short ring tone, on your existing line
- Your main line will ring normally. When you hear the two-short ring tone you know it is a call to the teen line.
Selective Call Block – Avoid Unwanted Calls!
Rejects calls from pre-programmed numbers. Holds 12 numbers.
- Press *60 to hear a message telling you if the feature is on or off.
- Press “3” to activate or deactivate.
- To block the last number to call you, press #, then “01” and press # again.
- To block a specific number, press #, dial the number you want to block and press #. Those calls will be routed to a rejection message.
- To remove a number from your list, press *, and enter the number you want to receive calls from and press the * again.
Call Forwarding Remote Access – Calls from Anywhere!
Use Call forwarding from any location.
- Enter the appropriate access number
- (615) 666-9910 Lafayette
- (615) 888-9010 Oak Grove
- (270) 622-9010 Scottsville
- (615) 699-9010 Red Boiling Springs
- (615) 644-9010 Westmoreland and Bethpage
- Enter a -digit phone number to forward, followed by your PIN (set by NCTC). After waiting about four seconds, a special dial tone is returned.
- Enter a code to activate or deactivate. Press 72# to activate. Press *73 to deactivate.
- After activating, listen for dial tone. Enter the number to forward your calls to. Listen for the two beeps and hang up.
- Press *73 to deactivate. Listen for two beeps, hang up – the forwarding is deactivated.
Call Forwarding (No Answer/Busy) – Manage Your Calls!
Directs your calls to another number.
Call Forward No Answer
- Press *92 and listen for two beeps.
- Enter the number of rings you want before your call is forwarded. (Must be 2 or more rings).
- Enter the phone number you wish your calls to be forwarded. If the call is answered the Call Forward (No Answer/Busy Signal) is activated.
- If no answer or the line is busy, hang up and repeat step 1. You will hear a confirmation tone.
- To deactivate this feature, press *93.
Call forward Busy
- Press *90 and the number your calls will be forwarded to.
- If the call is answered, the feature is activated, if no answer or the line is busy, hang up and repeat step 1. You will hear a confirmation tone.
- To deactivate, press *91.
Caller ID/Call Waiting Deluxe – One Simple Step!
Shows the name and number of a caller while you’re on the line.
- Requires a Caller ID/Call Waiting Deluxe Display device (sold separately).
- The name and number of a caller will appear on the device between the first and second ring while you’re on the line. If you wish to answer, press the switchhook.
Caller ID with Name/Number – A great Feature!
Shows the name and number of a caller.
- Install your Caller ID device (sold separately) to see the name and number of callers. This will appear between the first and second ring.
Caller Number Delivery Blocking – One simple Step!
Blocks your number on other caller ID devices.
- Press *67 before dialing a number (a free service from NCTC.)
Long Distance Blocking Service – Budget Your Calls!
Controls who makes toll calls from your phone.
- Lift the receiver and enter 1 + area code +number. Enter PIN (set by NCTC) and # sign to override.
Personal Identification Number – Easy to Use!
Control long-distance calls.
- To change your PIN, lift the receiver and press *97 and enter a feature access code for the PIN you want to change (*94) followed by # sign.
- Enter your PIN and # sign.
- Enter your new PIN and # sign. Re-enter your new PIN and # sign. A message will tell you that your PIN has been updated.
Voice Mail w/Call Forwarding No Answer – A Great Service!
Stores all your messages without an answering machine.
Setting up your Voice Mail
- Press *92 and listen for 2 beeps.
- Enter the number of rings you want before the call is forwarded. (Must be 2 or more rings.)
- Enter the appropriate Voice Mail Access Number listed on the next page.
- Wait for confirmation message. Voice Mail is now set up!
- To deactivate, press *93.
Accessing your Voice Mail
If you are calling from a NCTC phone: Enter the appropriate Voice Mail Access number below:
- (615) 666-1000 Lafayette, Green grove, Hillsdale, Pleasant Shade, Defeated
- (615) 888-1000 Oak Grove
- (270) 622-1000 Scottsville
- (615) 699-1000 Red Boiling Springs
- (615) 644-1000 Westmoreland, Bethpage
From a different phone:
- Enter Voice Mail Access Number.
- Enter your 10-digit mailbox number (area code and phone number).
- Enter your password and press #. (Default password 0000)
Retrieving Your Messages:
- Access your Voice Mailbox.
- Your first new message may play immediately. If not, press 1 to listen to your messages.
- Press 1 to listen to new messages.
- Press 2 to listen to saved messages.
- Press 3 to delete the message you are currently listening to and play the next.
- Press 4 to save the message.
- Press 5 to reply to the message. (will not reply back to long-distance numbers.)
- Press 6 to forward the message
- Press 7 to skip backward in the message.
- Press 8 to pause the message.
- Press 9 to skip forward in the message.
Recording a Greeting
- Access your Voice Mailbox.
- Press 9 for the mailbox set up menu.
- Press 1 for greeting options.
- Press 4 to record your greeting.
- Record your greeting and then press #.
- Press 2 to keep your greeting.
Changing your Password
- Access your Voice Mailbox.
- Press 9 for mailbox set up menu.
- Press 2 to change your password.
- Enter your new password and then press #.
- When prompted to verify your password, enter it again then press #.
Using the Voice Mail to E-Mail Feature
- Check your email as normal.
- When you get a voice mail message, you will receive an email from “your telephone” delivered to your inbox. The message will have an attachment.
- Open the attachment and your media player will play the message.
- You can save the attachment onto your PC or delete it.
Voice Mail w/Call Forward Busy – Never Miss a Message!
Voice Mail answers if the line is busy.
- Press *90 plus the appropriate access number (see below).
- Wait for Voice Mail to answer then hang up.
- To deactivate, press *91.