- 1 Pound ground beef (cook and drained)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 large white potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans whole kernel corn fire-roasted blend, undrained
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown ground beef, drain fat. Set aside. Next, melt butter in large stew pot. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Add prepared beef, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, condensed soups and evaporated milk. Stir to blend. Stir in chicken broth. Simmer on stovetop, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare medium size pumpkin by cutting off top to create a lid and remove seeds. Place pumpkin with lid on in a baking pan and bake at 250 degrees until tender. This could take 1.5 hours. Pumpkin will be golden brown. Add soup and serve.