- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 ounce packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
cob. Drain and rinse black beans. In a skillet, heat the oil to medium. Add ground beef and begin to cook. When beef begins to brown, add zucchini, corn and black beans to skillet. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender and beef is done. Do not overcook. Add in taco seasoning and tomato sauce and heat through. Add cilantro and lime juice to the cooked rice.
Place equal amounts of rice mixture and taco mixture into lettuce leaves. Top each taco with chopped tomato and onion. Makes 8 servings.